Back In The 60s We Boomers Believed We Could Change The World
NOW THAT WE ARE IN OUR 60s WE CAN
76 million strong, with one quarter of our lives yet to live, we Boomers are not retiring in the old sense of the word. Instead we are pioneering a new and productive life stage between work and old age, characterized by flexibility and choice rather than necessity and obligation.
We have an unprecedented opportunity to reinvent our lives and realize our true aspirations. We can focus on the things important to us and pursue them in our own good time. We may return to something we put aside in our youth, devote more time to things we could only do in our time off or explore new options. We can go back to school, start a new career or avocation, travel, devote our energies to solving problems and helping others, take up a sport, immerse ourselves in the arts or do all these things.
A return to our youthful ideals; to challenge the notion that material success is the key to satisfaction, live simply and green, take time to smell the roses, do our own thing, expand our minds, see the world, seek inner peace and peace for the world, will reawaken the dream that called to us so long ago and insure this time of life is our best yet.
- Life in the 60s
- As we Boomers enter our 60s, our lifestyle is ironically morphing into the kind of life we lived in the 60s, albeit with less hair.
- The Baby Boomer Generation "Retires " Retirement.
- The Baby Boomer Generation is redefining retirement as we have every life stage we have passed through.
- What Next for Boomers?
- Maybe it’s time to quit the rat race but what next?
- The Reality of Retirement Living
- Though we all dream of the day we can sleep till noon and spend the day as we choose, after an initial honeymoon the reality of retirement living poses many unexpected challenges.
- Fulfill Your Retirement Wishes
- With the extension of our productive years and the freedom to shape our own destiny, we Baby Boomers have the opportunity to fulfill our deepest retirement wishes.
- Retirement Activities Assessment Tool
- Involving yourself in fulfilling activities is the secret to a happy retirement. Use this retirement activities assessment tool to help find those activities that will satisfy your personal needs.
- Boomers Volunteer Opportunities
- Now with the wisdom of experience, the gift of time, a little flower power, and infinite volunteer opportunities, we can still change the world.
- Make Money After Retirement
- Many baby boomers will need to make money after retirement age, others will choose to. Either way a second career can offer flexibility and fulfillment often lacking in the first.
- RETIREMENT LEISURE CALCULATOR
- Planning for retirement leisure is as essential to a successful retirement as planning for a secure financial future. Retirement satisfaction depends on how you spend your time not your money.
- Retirement Interest Inventory
- Finding your passion is the key to retirement success. Take this interest inventory and learn what brings you joy.
- Sports and Fitness for Life
- Sports and fitness provide the key to staying young
- Hiram’s Tales of the 60s
- In the Haight in the 60s spiritual teachers abounded.
- Taking social security retirement benefits early may make sense.
- Conventional wisdom touts the virtue of delaying your social security retirement benefits as long as possible but for some boomers taking their benefits early might be a better choice.
- Boomers 60s Lifestyle Blog
- Boomers 60s Lifestyle Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to Boomers-Guide-To-Our-60.com web site
- Boomers Making a Difference
- Making a difference can start in your own backyard. Here is a story of how one dedicated volunteer using TNR (trap/neuter/return) made a difference in the lives of 12 very special cats.
- The Baby Boomers Memory Test
- Still as sharp as ever? This little game will tweak your memory of the baby boomers era. How much do you recall?
- About Me
- About Me
- Contact Us
- Contact Us
- Senior Discounts
- Are you willing to confess you are a senior citizen if it is worth a few shekels? Claim your senior discounts and start saving.
- For a happy retirement engage in rewarding activity
- The seven essential activities for a happy retirement
- Home Sharing
- How long has it been since you had a roommate? Considering the benefits of home sharing, maybe it is time to again.